Wednesday 4 June 2008

Introducing myself

Hello, my name is Kerry and I'm 55 (nearly 56!) years old. I've been married to John for 35 years. We have 2 grown up children who have also settled down in Cardiff, and 4 fabulous grandchildren, aged between 2 & 9.

I live with John and our 10 year old dog called Paddy, in a house that has many happy memories of our children growing up. I work full-time (shift-work) in a large hospital in Cardiff as an administrator, which doesn't leave me too much spare time. Lately I've been trying to live a healthier lifestyle - better diet, exercise etc but I have to say I'm failing miserably at present!

I started to volunteer for Wired In after my son, Kevin, had got involved with them during his recovery from drug addiction. I have made some good friends from the ranks of Wired In, and really enjoy spending time with them, both professionally and socially.

Interests : 
My Grandchildren, card making, reading, aqua aerobics, walking

Favourite movies : 
Mayerling, Billy Elliot, Castaway

Favourite music : 
Fleetwood Mac (original line-up!), B B King, Otis Reading, Bob Marley, Matt Redman (worship), Puccini (espeicially Tosca!)

Favourite books : 
Papillon, The Bible, The Kite runner, Jonathan Livingston Seagull

Favourite quotes : 
 Martin Luther King - "With this faith we will be able to hew out of the mountain of despair a stone of hope"                         

Mother Teresa of Calcutta - "If we really want to love we must learn how to forgive"                                                                                

No comments: